07 November, 2011

Perfectly happy

You know how sometimes you'll just be sitting there and you realize that you are perfectly happy at that time and place?.  This weekend I got that feeling just sitting there watching football with my  nephew, my doggie by my side, knitting in my lap and a beer at my elbow, my fantasy team was winning and I have a wonderful few weeks to look forward to.  Oh .. and it was sunny outside.  Truly an embarrassment of riches - the simple pleasures.

I have a busy week coming up.  Busy at work and after work too.  I am truly going to be very ready for a vacation by the time Saturday rolls around.  There wasn't much running around to do this weekend except pick Omie up at the airport.  The rest of the time we pretty much stayed close to home.  Tink got walks and we watched football all day yesterday.  Unfortunately the one I am winning against this week is Omar and he is not at all happy about it because he needs to the win to get a secure spot in the playoffs.  He does have a pretty good chance of beating me tonight since he's got the QB and a good receiver in the game.  I'd like to win, of course, but not at the expense of him getting into the playoffs.  Obviously I don't have a chance, even if I were to win every matchup left. 

I'm going to pick up an adapter tomorrow for my iPad so I can download pictures directly from my camera.  While you can take pictures and video from the iPad it's a bit unwieldy and I don't really want to be dragging it around with me while I'm out walking and sightseeing.  I need to take lots of pictures on this trip.

We changed the clocks this weekend and it makes it a bit nicer getting to work.  I wasn't really liking waiting for the bus in the dark.

All the football meant that I got a ton done on the cowl.  It is going to be very luxurious and warm.

No comments: