08 November, 2011

Tied for last place

I did win my matchup this weekend, much to Omar's chagrin.  But I'm still in last place.  So much of it is sheer  luck but still I was sure I'd do much better this year than last considering I got to choose my own players.  The guys who win this year after year spend an incredible amount of time on it and I'm just not willing to do that.  And they're always making moves, trading players and that also takes a lot of time and effort.  I'm never going to win the whole thing, but it's fun to watch the matchups every week.  There are a few more weeks to go. I could move up.  Stranger things have happened.

One of my meetings downtown yesterday got moved to today so I drove in rather than taking off super early to bus back home to get the car, like I did yesterday.  We had another evening in, watching the Monday night game and then I turned in early.  I have been running on a sleep deficit these past few days because of the time change and staying up late with Omie plus I'm still getting over this cold.  Finally I woke up feeling normal and not dragged out and tired!  It's such a relief.

All my big knitting plans for pre-vacation have gone by the wayside.  I don't think I'm going to get anything finished that I wanted to.  I didn't even pickup the cowl lat night.  That is the one thing I might be able to finish but I'm not counting on it.

No comments: