30 November, 2011

Getting things back on track

One of the stupider things I did during the last few years of misery was neglect my annual exams.  There is no excuse except that misery makes us (me) do strange things.  Before I went on my trip I made myself schedule appointments and this morning was the first one.  Yay me.  Chances are pretty good that I will be called back though because in the time since my last exam they have changed to digital and it is a more detailed picture so I won't be freaked out if they call in the next few days and ask me to stop by again.  Or not VERY freaked out.

I still haven't taken the pictures out of my camera and put them on my iPad and today is noon knitting and I was supposed to have that all done.  I guess it'll have to wait for next week.  I am not all that motivated because my favorite picture was taken with my iPhone and is already on my iPad.  It's of a very handsome man, standing in the sun and smiling at me.   I do want to see the others and it will be on my (very long) list of things to do this coming weekend.

I did get the laundry mostly done last night and now my clothes are all sweet smelling again.... except my coat, which is going to the dry cleaners tonight.  I still have the towels to do since the house sitter left all of them dirty except two.  I still keep finding weird things.  For example, I found the olive oil in a cupboard with dishes.  And my Husky football schedule has disappeared.  I was thinking of asking him to do it again while I'm in Hawaii in January but now I think I will just suck it up and pay for Tink to stay at the Doggie Resort.  I don't think I could stand to come back and have to go through this again. 

My job for this meeting in January is to do the booklet, which has the schedule and all of the abstracts, etc.  I thought it would also be nice to publish it as an EPUB so people could download it from iTunes and put it on their iPads or whatnot. Yesterday afternoon I started learning how to do that and wow .... it is a process.  You can do it with a document made in Word or Adobe InDesign, which is the much better program but I haven't had time to learn that yet.  It is a professional layout program and very very complicated.  I am going to spend another few hours this afternoon on it.  The book I am learning from is very good, so I should be able to get it in a day or so.  Anyway I like doing things like that.

Noon knitting today and then tomorrow ..... I must run.  It is going to hurt.

No comments: