04 November, 2011

Getting the train back on the track

Besides having the cold of the century these past couple of weeks there has also been a disturbance on the legal front.  My attorney had a nervous breakdown.  Seriously.  I finally have an appointment early next week with my new attorney and we've already had a brief exchange, so things are starting to move again.  Thank goodness.

My two weeks of laying around have also given me a brand new appreciation for my hand knitted socks.  They have been the perfect cozy companion to my flannel jammy bottoms.  I had no idea I had knit so many pairs!  But they all came in super handy and I think that'll be my portable project for my trip - a new pair.

Yesterday evening was nearly normal.  I cooked myself another nice healthy dinner and watched a little TV and managed to stay up past 9 pm and I had a great night's sleep as well.  I have lots of little chores to do tonight to get ready for Omar's visit.  I know he's going to be cold, coming from California.  I haven't even had to turn my heat on in my apartment yet because it stays so warm up there but I imaging he's going to need it on.  I don't like electric heat.  It's so drying.

Work has calmed down considerably.  It's very quiet here today.  I have lots of little housekeeping type of things to do and I brought Tink in today because I have a hair appointment after work, so I am going to take her for a nice long long walk at lunchtime.  I hope it's nice like it was yesterday.  Beautiful blue sky and all the trees changing colors.

No comments: