29 November, 2011

Up and up I go!

I seem to be on a little winning streak with my fantasy team.  I have now moved up to 8th place!  There are two more weeks to go before the fantasy playoffs.  If they were held this week I'd be in the consolation playoff.  I have a couple of tough matchups coming up though so I am not going to get my hopes up.

I am thrilled with my lack of jet lag this trip, or rather the mild effects I have felt.  Going to Europe is always very difficult for me but this time it was a breeze.  Even though I couldn't sleep on the way over I got to the hotel at 1 and immediately went out for lunch and a long walk, then cleaned up and kept busy until dinner and went to bed at an early, but not too early hour.  When I woke up in the middle of the night I popped a couple of melatonin and eventually went back to sleep and the next day I was fine.  I did get the urge to nap in the afternoon the first couple of days but other than that it was painless.  Coming home I didn't want to sleep and I stayed up until a normal bedtime and Sunday I was fine.  I must say though that I went to bed rather early on Sunday and again yesterday I was quite tired when I got done with work, skipped the laundry and just loafed around, did some knitting(!!) and went to bed a little later than Sunday.  I have been sleeping straight through, so I think today I am completely over it. 

Tonight I MUST do laundry no matter how tired I am.  My laundry card never turned up, not that I actually expected it to.  In the next couple of nights I should finish up the cowl I have been working on and then maybe I'll finish the Cloisonne jacket.  I also need to get back to running.  My cough is gone and I have no excuses.  I want to go to the post office at lunch today and tomorrow is noon knitting, so I will set Thursday as my first day back out running.  It is lucky I have a meeting in January in Hawaii.  I will not be able to be lazy and put on any winter weight.

I got an email from Icelandair asking me to please give them feedback on their service.  And I will gladly oblige.  I hope that I never ever have to fly Icelandair again, or if I do I will only do so if I can upgrade to Saga class, which sounds like just normal economy to me.  The seats are excruciatingly uncomfortable and only made bearable by sitting on a pillow.  The service is nonexistent after the first drinks and food run.  On the positive side, they do give you a little bottle of water when you board, there are foot rests, which are key for those of us with stumpy legs, and the TV in the seat back is on so that you can watch a movie while you are taxing and reaching cruising height.  That's it.

Another busy day ahead of me.  I'm going to need that walk at lunchtime.  It's cold outside.  I hope it isn't going to be raining.

No comments: