10 November, 2011

In retrospect .....

perhaps having a house guest the week before a big trip is not a good idea.  But I really didn't have much to say about it, since he wanted to be here for his brother's birthday. And also if I hadn't spent over a week in sick time I might have had a little more flexibility and been able to go home early.  It's water under the bridge now anyway.  He's having a fine time, it's just that I'd like to be able to spend a little more time with him. 

We did have a super fun evening out to dinner with friends.  Great food!  And tonight it's family dinner at a kid friendly place that I don't hate.  ;-)  And then tomorrow .... tons and tons and TONS to do!  I love the run up to a trip.  It's always such a relief to finally get to the airport, get through security and sit in a nice restaurant and have a drink and relax.  That's when vacation starts.  The airport is now SO much nicer than it used to be.  It's the only good thing to come out of the heightened security measures.  The restaurants are all nice and there's plenty to do if you have to wait.

I have decided to take needles and yarn to work on a pair of socks while I'm gone.  I really don't expect to have that much sitting around time, but if/when I do, I'll be set.

No comments: