18 November, 2011

Where was I?

That last post was full of typos. The iPad is hard to type on at times and I was in a rush. I think it mostly made sense. So .....after the encounter with the weird American I was off for a gorgeous dinner and awesome evening. Wednesday morning I got up and out and off I went to the Royal Academy to see the Degas exhibit. Wonderful! I learned so much. He was quite avante garde for his time. Then more wandering through St. James. I was strolling down the street and came upon what I later learned was St James palace and witnessed a mini changing of the guard. Just me. I snapped a couple of pictures from across the street. It was cloudy and I don't know how they turned out yet. I did buy an adapter so that I can download pictures directly to my iPad but I haven't tried it out yet. Dinner that night was at the Oxo Tower. Incredible company and incredible views. Too bad it was too cold to sit outside but still we could see a lot. It was just magical. So now I am in Luxembourg. The trip over was so easy. The airport was quiet, no lines anywhere. The flight was about a third full and only lasted an hour. We were served a beautiful little sandwich and a glass of wine, then we were there. Emma collected me by bus. We went out for Italian dinner and then out for the rest of the night at a few bars. Luxembourg is so ....well it is like a fairy tale. There we were strolling down cobblestone streets in the fog. Emma says it reminds her of Shrek. I twisted my ankle on the cobblestones but it is fine today. I barely felt it last night. Absolutely no knitting. I don't even know why I bothered bringing it. Tonight most likely we will go out for a few drinks after dinner. Our train to Paris doesn't leave until 1 tomorrow so we can sleep in. I keep hearing Frank Sinatra singing "Fly me to the moon".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having an absolutely WONDERFUL time. You so deserve it...
Monika