07 February, 2013

Tempests in tea cups

Where do you stand?  Love 'em?  Hate 'em?  Yeah, me too.  My sister and I were on vacation a couple of years ago and both of us at some point(s) during our holiday were either reading or responding to work email.  Work is with us everywhere now days and one must consciously NOT look at work email or respond to it.  So last night - I can't help myself - I checked my work email before turning out the light and lo and behold there's a storm a brewin'.  Seems that the mid-term answer key had an incorrect answer.  The answer key for an exam that was given last week, by the way.  The professor hadn't looked at her item analysis.  If she had she would have noticed right off the bat that most of the class missed a certain question and could have nipped it in the bud.  As it was, the students figured it out.  Now, this is really a non-issue.  It happens.  Sometimes it is because of a  human error filling out the key, sometimes it is a bad question that needs to be thrown out.  The point is, it's a simple fix.  But everybody was going crazy last night and I made the mistake of reading it.  It's already - here it is 8:32 am - it's already being re-scored.  But my night was not restful.  When will I ever learn?  Well, we know the answer to that question, don't we?

I am NOT in a good mood.  I am disappointed that I'm not having good lunchtime runs, for one thing.  I guess I should just shake it off.  It happens sometimes, just like it happens when I all of a sudden start having super fast and great runs.  I'll have fun at the race Saturday but it is ever so much more fun when I know I'll be fast.  You know - relatively fast.  The shirts are really great this year though.  That's a good thing.

I think I need to plan something before March.  Definitely.  I need a mini-vacation.

No comments: