14 February, 2013

The difference a needle size can make

Happy Valentine's Day!  My favorite day of the year.  

I finished up a second Phoncible, this time switching out to a size 8 needle after the stranded band and that was perfect!  I now have the slouchy beret I was going for in the first place.  This hat is a wonderful way to use up the bits and bobs of Kureyon one may have laying around from other projects.  I don't know what to do with the first one.  I won't wear it now that I have a second that looks like what I wanted.  Hopefully I can find someone to take it.

I've been under the weather the past couple of days.  Nothing specific - a little sore throat, body aches, fatigue.  Luckily work hasn't been too terribly busy so I took the time.  I'm in today but I've got tomorrow marked off as a vacation day.  I have a lunch planned with a happy wanderer who is bringing me something from his trip to India.  Other than that, nothing special.  Doggie walks if it isn't too rainy.

I've got my April vacation hotels chosen.  One old and picturesque place in McMinneville and another more eclectic choice, a cabin in Lincoln City.  It looks quite eccentric but I hear that it's not bad and the breakfasts are very nice.  So - something different.  Now to get through the next 8 1/2 weeks.  Shouldn't be so bad. 

I have noticed buds on the shrubbery.  We might miss out on a real winter this year.  So far no snow to speak of and the temperatures are relatively mild.  Rain?  Oh yes, but that is SO much better than ice and snow.

No comments: