08 March, 2013

Ready to spring?

It does seem crazy early but tomorrow night we turn our clocks forward.  I think we are three weeks earlier than Europe.  When did this change?  It used to happen at the same time, or within a week anyway.  Whatever ... I am just glad it's here now.  And in another month or so I'll be able to comfortably sit outside at the fountain or the fire pit.  That's going to be so nice.

Knitting was on the back burner last night because McG stopped by for a visit on his way to a jam session in Snohomish.  We had dinner and a few laughs and then he was on his way.  Tinkie got a nice walk - it was nice and not raining - and then I settled in to do a little knitting before bed.  I thought better of trying to work on the complicated cables and instead started the heel flap on the Bamboo Socks.  I'd like to get those out of the way soon so I can concentrate on the Mariah, although it's not going to get to the state of TV knitting until the sleeves are on their holders.  The body only has cabling on the ribbing.  Otherwise it's just stockinette and keeping track of increases and decreases, which is TV knitting in my book.

I'm hoping for a relatively quiet weekend, especially with the big one I have coming up next week when I'm hosting a surprise birthday party in my Great Room.  I've got to get that cake ordered Monday, and I'll have to get decorations and stuff this weekend.  But other than that, hopefully I can carve out some quiet time to knit and, if the weather permits, have some nice long walks.  It looks like we're going to be getting rain this weekend. 

I have had a headache for 24 hours.  I wish I had remembered to grab some of those fizzy tablets I got in London last time.  They seem to be the only thing that works on these sinus headaches.  I couldn't even run yesterday it was that bad.  Well, if it doesn't go away soon I'm going to throw in the towel and go home.  I'd rather have it go away though.

No comments: