06 March, 2013


I brought my Mariah in yesterday to have my friend Peggy take a look and see if she could untwist those stitches for me.  Ah ... piece of cake.  She just knew exactly what to do and tried and tried to explain it to me.  I understand conceptually but I still don't think I could actually do it.  I was going to post a picture but I realize I don't have a good spot to snap a picture here in my office.  I'll try to find a place tonight at home.  Anyway, I was thrilled she could fix it and couldn't get home fast enough to get on with it.  I finished that row and did two more rows.  It's slow going right now because I don't know the cable symbols by heart yet.  Every designer has their own way of indicating cables on their charts.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a universal language for that?  I'm surprise there aren't universal symbols for all the knit stitches.  I prefer written out directions rather than charts anyway.  It makes more sense to me that way.  But I seem to be in the minority.

It never did rain yesterday, although it sprinkled just a bit in the late afternoon.  I had another decent run.  Not speedy, but solid.  Today is a day off for noon knitting.  The rest of the week is supposed to be nice so maybe I'll have a nice run in the sun tomorrow!

Well, I have my April vacation all planned and now am just counting the weeks - 5 more to go.  After that I have another short vacation in May already!  It's a blues festival in eastern Washington.  I've never been to it - it's  a small one.  But some friends rent a condo every year and it sounds like it's going to be a blast!  So that's on the calendar as well.  Now for June - I might be going to Luxembourg for a week.  It's still pie in the sky at this point.  I have a few things to handle before I can commit to that, but I haven't been to Europe in the summer in ages and ages!  It would be fun.  And oh so different from my usual cold weather jaunts over there.   Fifty-fifty right now, I'd say.

I had insomnia last night.  The first in a long, long time.  I have gone old school - I am actually reading a book NOT on my iPad.  I brought a couple home from Christmas at my sister's.  Anyway, I started one last week and have been reading myself to sleep.  Last night I read until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, shut off the light and ....... all of a sudden I was wide awake!  This went on, with breaks for reading and water and strolling around the apartment and Nyquil, until I must have dropped off around 1 am.  How do I feel this morning?  ugh

No comments: