22 March, 2013

Snow!

Sure enough - it has been getting very cold these last few days and now snow.  The outlying areas of course have gotten more.  There's nothing to see on the roads or grass here in town but a few flakes are indeed coming down.  Crazy business, but that's spring in Seattle.  Don't like the weather?  Wait a few minutes.  It isn't going to impact me either way today.  No running in my future this lunchtime.  I am much much better than earlier this week, but still too "chesty" to run.  I should be back on track next week.  And weather be damned!  I'll be out there.

I had a very laid back evening last night.  I was so tired from my terrible Wednesday night that I didn't even pick up any knitting.  I watched some bad TV and played with my iPod in bed.  The last time I saw my doctor - gosh I guess that was early August? - anyway, he gave me some non-habit forming sleeping pills that actually work fantastically.  They're called Silenor.  I took my last one and I had an absolutely perfect night's sleep.  I woke up before the alarm and wasn't even mad!  I feel great and not drowsy at all.  Ahhh ... perfect. 

It doesn't matter what the weather is like this weekend.  I've got a nice, low key weekend to look forward to.  My only social obligation is a birthday party for my niece Sunday night early.  I don't know what I'll do with all this free time but I suspect some knitting, some reading and maybe a movie.  Plenty of nothing is fine with me for a change. My next little mini-vacation is coming up in 2 1/2 weeks so next week I think I'll start thinking and planning the route for the wine tasting tour.  It's been ages since I've been down there and I am really looking forward to it.  It would be nice if the weather cooperated, but you know what?  I don't care one way or another. 

Air fare to LA is super cheap right now, so I'm also trying to find a way to visit with my sister.  She's super busy until the end of June and that's a long way off!  I'll try to get creative.

No comments: