25 March, 2013

A little disappointing

I spent a few minutes at the end of my day Friday looking at flights to LAX, which were advertised as super low on Virgin.  Ha!  I don't know why I get sucked into these types of things because they're never what you expect.  Sure sure, there are $99 one way fares into LAX from Seattle IF you want to catch a 7 am plane going down and return on a stop-over flight that gets into Seattle at 1 am Monday morning.  Not ideal.  Not doable.  When I put in the flight days and times I need for a long weekend it takes it right up to normal so no trip to California in my near future.  But I've got two nice little mini-vacations in the next two months so all is not bad.  All is good.

I did have a nice, laid back weekend for the most part.  Early to bed Friday and a nice Saturday - dog walks in the decent weather.  The snow didn't return and we're actually having warm weather this week.  I guess it was a fluke.  Sunday was not so terrific though.  I went walking on the UW campus to look at the cherry trees in bloom, and all of the other wonderful gorgeous flowers in bloom and all of a sudden I was wheezing and coughing and could barely breath!  I had left my inhaler at home, since I wasn't planning on running.  It was definitely no fun getting home and it is very tiring, not being able to breath.  I took a few puffs from the inhaler and calmed down but my cough was back in full force.  I still had to go to my niece's birthday party so I rallied and had a nice hot shower, which also helped to open up my chest.  I had to use that inhaler a couple more times - basically once every 3 to 4 hours, even in the night.  Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) I feel as bad as I did last week!  But I'm at work and hoping that I'll be feeling better soon.  I already have an appointment for my annual exam next week so I really don't want to try to see my doctor this week as well.  So I am hoping that if I keep a low profile, NO RUNNING, and take it easy tonight that I'll be okay tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

No knitting this weekend.  I do have a couple of errands tonight so I probably won't be able to do much tonight either, although I would like to get at least a couple rows done on those socks.  We'll see. 

No comments: