20 December, 2013

A little pre-Christmas snow

It seems the weather service was right for once, and we have snow this morning.  It is not a lot of snow and, also according to the weather service, should be turning into rain in another few hours.  Fine with me.  I'm not a big snow person, unless it's in the mountains, and I've got a lot of running around to do this weekend, as does everyone else in town.

Hurrah for me, I finished up the Texture Study I scarf last night as I watched "Christmas Vacation" for about the millionth time.  As I suspected, I've got a fair amount of that yummy yarn left.  Unfortunately not enough to do anything much with unless I combine it with another yarn.  Which I probably will for some mitts.  I do need to block the scarf so that's why I didn't take a picture.  As I was binding off, loosely as is my wont, I realized I'd have to tighten it up significantly so that the edge would look more like the cast on edge of the seed stitch border.  The first part is looking a little ruffle-y but when I tightened it up it looks fine.  I am hoping that during blocking I'll be able to fix those few inches up.  Otherwise it's a beauty and I'm looking forward to soaking and blocking - if not tonight, then sometime this weekend.

Because of my upcoming January week in Mexico I have to work next Monday and Tuesday.  I am expecting we'll close the office early on Tuesday, but it's going to be a drag having to come in on Monday.  But oh well, I'll have 13 whole days off after that.  Most of it will be spent helping Ben put his house back together .... but I am sure I'll be able to sneak a few days of sloth in there.  I sure hope I will anyway.

No comments: