04 December, 2013

Whoops

Wow -- a lost day.  I woke up in the middle of the night, early Tuesday morning, with a sore throat.  I stayed home and basically slept the entire day.  I guess I needed it.  I feel fine today - just a little froggy.  I've got so much to do .. I'm thankful it was just a day I was out of it.

And boy is it ever cold!!  In the 20's when I woke up.  Tink spent most of the night cuddled up next to me or under the covers.  She was a pain in the behind yesterday though.  Perhaps because it was so sunny and nice outside.  She didn't seem to have an off switch.  Every time I woke up she wanted to play or go outside.  Not that I blame her.  I did give her a nice walk at lunchtime.

The Seahawks played a great game Sunday night, beating New Orleans handily.  So they're top of their division with home field advantage.  People are really talking Super Bowl now.  It seems like a pretty good bet we'll make it, although I don't like to jinx it.

I brought my Ombrelone in for noon knitting today, but I think we're going to have to cancel because I couldn't get a room.  And everyone is so very busy these days anyway.  I can use the time to go get something for the office party on Thursday.  Some fruit or something.  I was thinking of making some deviled eggs with hummus instead of mayo, which is delicious, but it is next to impossible to transport things like that on the bus in the morning.  Last year I brought grapes and they were eaten right up.

Speaking of the Ombrelone - I have to say this is probably the sloppiest project I've done in ages.  I know I've made more mistakes but I am not taking it out again.  The problem with it, for me, is that one can't use markers.  The stitch counts changes all the time and the edging, unbeknownst to me, ALSO changes so I thought I was off a stitch when I wasn't.  It'll be a nice scarf and I doubt anyone will know it is full of mistakes.  Except me.  I'll know.  Basically now I just want to get it done so I can use that yummy yak down yarn.  That is SO gorgeous!  And soft!  Hopefully I can wind it this week.

Now I've got to get to a meeting.  This is going to be a busy rest of the week.

No comments: