19 December, 2013

But what does this say about me?

Yesterday I clicked on a link on my Yahoo front page for an article listing the 10 worst movies of 2013.  One of the movies on that list is one that I would have on my TOP 10 movies of 2013!  I am not going to say what it is, because this movie was so universally reviled and panned.  I will say, however, that this is not the first time this has happened to me.  I am a HUGE fan of the movie "Ishtar" which was also universally panned.  I, on the other hand, found it (and still find it) hilarious and clever.  I'll fess up to that one, but this current one -- I'll keep my mouth shut about this for the time being.  It's just ... well, I thought it was so funny!  Yes, crude and sometimes over the top, but so are the "Scary Movie" films and they don't get panned.  Or at least not to that degree.  Anyway ... I am still trying to figure out what it says about me.  You know -- me me me, it's always about me.

Our staff lunch was fun yesterday, although two women went home sick after the lunch.  And I am not feeling 100% this morning either.  But I'm here.  Oh and it's getting cold again!  The sky is clear and it's freezing and supposed to snow tonight a little bit.  Not enough to last until Christmas though. 

I only have three more rows to go on the scarf.  I wanted to finish it up last night but I was sleepy from not having slept too much the night before and so I went to bed early to read.  I feel rested this morning, which is a good thing.  Hopefully I can finish it up tonight and get it blocked.  I'd like to have it ready for Christmas giving.  Maybe during my Christmas break I can actually get a few days rest and pick up my Mariah again.  Or ... you never know what's going to be in the YarnBox.  It should be here soon!   I think I'll go over to Ravelry and check out the spoiler thread.

No comments: