10 December, 2013

Looks like we dodged a bullet

Well, that snow that was predicted has conveniently passed us by!  Hooray!  At least my part of the city.  It really looked like snow yesterday and supposedly in the night it was supposed to come.  This morning all we've got is just a teensie bit of icy rain.  Mist actually.  It sure is more comfortable outside walking.  The wind chill yesterday was painful.  I walked from work down to the Office Depot and back before lunch yesterday and it hurt.  Well, it's not even officially winter yet, so I suppose there's going to be a lot more weather to come.

Speaking of weather -- all of the clouds that finally came in yesterday made it so darned dark it was like getting home in the middle of the night.  I had to get Kelli's birthday presents sent off and luckily I had noticed that we have a mailbox/shipping store right nearby, next to the nail salon.  They're open until six, so Tink and I went straight over there after work.  And that was basically the entire evening.  Boring.  Boring.  Boring.  I didn't want to watch Monday Night Football -- I'm out of the running fantasy wise and so I just watched silly TV and knit on my latest scarf.  Now that I've figure out the pattern I am thrilled with it.  It's gorgeous.  The good news is that work is super busy, so I'm tired when I get home anyway.  But maybe I can get an hour or so reading in tonight.  I've got two books going on my iPad.  There's only so much stupid TV a person can watch, ya know?  And my hands are a bit sore from all the knitting.  It's stockinette - stranded.  All that purling hurts after a while.  I'll switch to reading tonight.


No comments: