13 December, 2013

Why are they backing in?

What is going on with the backing into parking spots?  I am talking about the mall parking lot, the park and ride lot and the grocery store and even the few thirty minutes spots that line the plaza at Thornton Place!  Oh!  And the underground parking garage where the spots are SO jammed together.  I mean ... is it a quick getaway they're looking for or what?  It's just so annoying to have to wait while one of these jackasses attempts to maneuver their SUV into a spot meant for a compact car, and backing in as well!  It's just something I noticed and it bugs the bejesus out of me!

I walked up to Trader Joe's at lunchtime yesterday and, among other things, bought two composed salads.  Last night I had one with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, roasted squash, goat cheese and of course, greens.  It was delicious!!  The one for tonight is spinach with pecans, bleu cheese and cranberries.  Don't you just love Trader Joe's?  I also got one of the french style flatbread thingies but since I don't own a cookie sheet it didn't crisp up at all.  What a waste.  I'll have to get a cookie sheet this weekend.

I got lots of work done on the scarf, then went to bed to read and ended up buying a Christmas movie on AmazonPrime and staying up way too late.  Which was unfortunate because the premier of the new Hobbit movie let out at 3 am and I had forgotten to close my window so ... I was awake.  I think I got back to sleep around 5 or so.  I suppose that's going to be going on all weekend.   Perhaps I will keep the window closed and just suffer for the sake of some good sleep.

Tomorrow is spa day!  Woohoo!  I am finally using the spa gift card I got for my birthday.  I'm going to have a facial and a body scrub.  Oh I cannot wait!  Plus I guess I'd better try to get the rest of my Christmas shopping done so I can get it sent off to California early next week.  Big weekend.  The Seahawks play at 10 Sunday morning so at least I won't be a slave to the TV and can finish up on Sunday if need be.

No comments: