18 December, 2013

An observance at the bus stop

It used to be you'd see people standing at a bus stop, chatting with each other or maybe reading a book or a newspaper.  Now I walk up to the stop and every single person has their head bent over their phone.  Young, old, and everything in between.  In just a few years this huge change.  Sometimes it just strikes me, that's all.

Warmer weather means more humidity, which is annoying because I was just loving that dry cold air.  My hair looked awesome for days and now, not so much.  But it is better than having one's face freezing off.  It does look like we might get a little snow later this week, but it's above freezing so it shouldn't stick.

I am two rows away from the seed stitch border and finishing up that scarf.  I was hoping to finish it last night but Tink was insistent on going to bed and wouldn't quit whining until I joined her.  Yes - I do spoil the dog.  Thanks for noticing.  But I had a book to finish anyway so I put the knitting aside.  Maybe I can finish it up tonight.  I am kicking myself for not making it a little bit longer.  I have just gotten into the second skein!  I'm going to have at least 100 yards of that gorgeous, yummy yarn left.  I should see if I've got something in my stash that's the same gauge and I can make myself another pair of convertible mittens.  I have nearly gone through the thumb of one of my last two pair.  I guess it's time to get going on another.

Today is the staff lunch.  I hope it's not raining too hard, because I'd like to walk to the restaurant.  Hopefully I can run tomorrow.  My asthma is finally under control and it's not zero degrees outside.  Perfect.  It is going to hurt though.

No comments: