05 December, 2013

Colder and colder!

Wow!  We are experiencing an arctic front and the temperatures keep going lower and lower.  It's 25 degrees right now and clear.  It makes for gorgeous days but rather uncomfortable walks.  Poor little Tink.  She was not too interested in going outside last night at her 7 o'clock walk.  She got her business done and turned to home!  She was a bit more interested this morning, but that's more likely due to her having more business to take care of.

The Ombrelone is almost up to 300 stitched.  I got four rows done last night.  I wasn't ready to plunge into another (the last though) row of pattern, but that means that if I get that done first thing, say before the football games starts tonight, then I should be able to finish, or nearly finish, tonight.  If not, Friday for sure and this weekend I can roll the yak and start that project. 

Today is the departmental holiday lunch.  I got two big bunches of lovely seedless grapes (black and red) yesterday at lunchtime for my contribution.  I remember last year that they were all eaten right up.  It is just such a hassle to transport a real side dish on the bus and I didn't have any butter to make cookies and this is much healthier anyway.  And easy. 

I have absolutely nothing on my plate for this weekend and I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to that.  I was going to book a little spa time - I have a gift certificate that I've been saving -- but I've decided to do it next Saturday instead.   We are predicted to have clear and cold weather all weekend.  Tink and I will have long walks, and there's football to watch on Sunday and always knitting and chores.   But in the meantime ....

No comments: