23 December, 2013

Cutting the cord!

Today's the day!  I'm going to call Comcast and stop my service on the 28th and go with CenturyLink broadband, stream from my AppleTV and my Wii and get an HD antenna for my television so I can get the local channels.  Ben's signed up for Dish which has the Hopper so I can watch his TV on my iPad whenever I want.  Perfect.  I tell you, I cannot WAIT to call Comcast.  Yahooo!

I didn't get the Texture Study 1 blocked yet, but will do that tonight.  On Friday I got another YarnBox, this one with three skeins of sock yarn in grey, light blue and peacock blue.  I had found a pattern on Ravelry that morning, so after my hair appointment on Saturday I went to my LYS to get a new needle - can you believe I didn't have a 32" size 3 needle?   Anyway, it's Color Affection and I'm doing the lace weight version.  Talk about perfect TV knitting.  Garter stitch.  But it's not totally boring because things are happening each row - increases and stripes.  Like I need another shawl.  I've got to start gifting these before I run out of closet space.

Sad news - the Seahawks lost at home.  This is the first time for Russel Wilson to lose at home.  It doesn't affect our playoff standings, but it means we must win the next game to have a change at the number one seed.  It was a tough game to watch. 

I just have to make it through today and half day tomorrow and then Christmas vacation.  I plan on doing a lot of sleeping. 

No comments: