06 December, 2013

Cookies for breakfast

Oh heavens .... sugar overload!  Yesterday was our departmental holiday lunch and there are piles of cookies in the kitchen.  I couldn't help myself.  There was tons of food there yesterday, so I guess the cookies didn't get their fair share of attention. 

It was cold again yesterday and colder still today.  The good news is that it remains cloudless and no humidity, so my hair looks awesome!  And ... and there's no snow.  That's the big news.  No snow.  It'll be sunny and clear all weekend so I think I'll get a Zipcar on Saturday and do a little shopping somewhere other than the mall. 

I got right to work on my Ombrelone last night after my chores and finished up the last three rows and started the bind-off.  It is a huge, long, 300 stitch bind-off and I lost interest.  I will finish it first thing this evening though and then ... well, I guess I can wind the yak down yarn, but I don't know about casting on. I'm doing Textured Study I and it's nearly 300 stitches since this scarf is knit sideways.  It calls for a long-tail cast on, so I think I'll use both balls of yarn simultaneously - one for the top and one for the bottom.  I've done that before and it works really well.  I should be able to get a good start on that this weekend.

I didn't bother to watch the football game last night, even though I've had a fantasy player on the Jaguars.  I am definitely not going to get into the playoffs but I might as well still play the game.  That being said, I'm much less invested in watching anything other than the Seahawks at this point.

I have a lot of loafing around schedule for this weekend.  And long walks with Tink.  I'm glad the weather will be nice, albeit COLD.

No comments: