02 December, 2013

Four packed days

I can hardly believe how much got stuffed into four days.  And there was even room for knitting!!  Perhaps four and a half days is more accurate because I did scurry out of here early on Wednesday.

I was assigned green bean casserole for the Thanksgiving dinner, but I also made a Brussel's Sprouts dish that was just super delicious!  Not a scrap of it was left.  But truly - bacon makes anything taste yummy, doesn't it? 

Before we went to dinner there was a little bit of paint touch up done in preparation for emptying the pod on Friday.  Of course the house isn't done exactly - there is still another bathroom to paint, the second coat on the spare bedroom and another coat on the door frame onto the patio.  But the pod needed to be emptied and so it was done Friday with great success.  And nobody got hurt.  Bonus.

What was not a bonus was my asthma.  I am still learning how to handle it, since it's still rather new to me.  After that horrible episode last winter I was able to recognize the asthma "attack" for what it was.  Both Wednesday and Thursday nights I was up for hours in the night waiting for the rescue inhaler to do its job.  So that I realized I needed to see my doctor on Friday to get a second inhaler to help.  Or go to the emergency room - and that wasn't where I wanted to be.  So Friday as we were waiting for people to help unload the pod I was on the phone with the doctor's office, which was closed.  The on call doctor finally got back to me and ordered my inhaler and for that I was SO grateful! No wonder I couldn't run last week!  It is so slow when it starts that I just think I'm tired when in fact I can't get a lungful of air!  That made the rest of my weekend SO much better.

Friday night there was the Apple Cup to look forward to.  I had set it to record and I am so glad I did.  It was a great game and the Huskies won!  Woohoo!  A perfect ending to the Thanksgiving holiday.

Saturday morning I had to get my errands run because Ben needed to leave, since the shuttle was picking him up from his place super early Sunday morning.  We had breakfast with his brother, did some grocery shopping, then off he went and I got to have my little tiny place alllll to myself!  It has been so long.  I did a little cleaning and tidying up and then went to have a manicure at Derby.  I am so tired of arguing about the cuticle thing with the girls at that other salon.  I will keep going there for my pedicures.

More knitting and stupid TV Saturday night and Sunday watching football and knitting.  I got the main part of the Ombrelone finished and started on the lace edging.  Then McGarrah was in town last night so we went up to have dinner with Steve and Ginny.  That was really fun, and done early enough so I got to bed around 10. 

I won my match up this week - a little too little and a little too late.  But it was good to win.  I don't have anybody for tonight's game - the Seahawks and New Orleans.  It's here and it might be snowing by the time the game starts.  I am glad I'm going to be home and in my cozy spot.  It's a big game.  The Seahawks have the best record in the league, if you can believe that.  !0 - 1.  This is a HUGE game.  I'm excited.  I probably won't be able to do much knitting.

No comments: