16 December, 2013

The weekend - I buy myself a present and make a decision

I was looking forward to my Saturday.  I gave Tink a nice long walk, dropped some shirts at the cleaners and then took a bus to University Village to finish up my Christmas shopping and then a lovely facial and body scrub at InSpa.  U Village was a madhouse!  It was packed with shoppers and screaming children.  All very festive.  There is a new vegetarian cafe there .... well, lots of new shops actually.  It's Vegetarian Grill, and I stopped there to have a little lunch before my treatments.  What a great place!  I had a portobello mushroom sandwich.  I got to the spa, was ushered into my room, undressed and got ready for my facial.  It wasn't until the woman started my facial that I realized I had left my gift card at home!!!  D'oh!  So that's how I ended up buying myself a gift.  The good news is that I've got another visit to look forward to.  Maybe a little grooming before my tropical vacation in January. 

On the way home I stopped at the grocery store for ingredients to make potato leek soup, which I made last night.  It is SO good!  Sunday the Seahawks played the early game - which they won - and so I had the entire afternoon to do chores and make soup and get my presents wrapped.  I am hoping to get them sent off today.  I've already got the Priority Mail box.  I just need to see if they'll all fit.

This morning before I left for work I stopped by the Great Room to talk with some CenturyLink representatives.  I have been trying to decide if I'm going to "cut the cord" and get rid of Comcast.  My bill has now gone up to $200/month and that is INSANE.  Plus their wireless speed leaves something to be desired.  I found out this morning from the CenturyLink guy that the reason it's bad is that I am sharing it with everyone else in the building who has Comcast.  With CenturyLink I can get 40 mbs to myself for $30/month.  Sounds great to me.  I'll just do what so many other people are doing and get a HD antenna for my TV and just stream everything else.  It'll be awesome.

I did lots of good work on the scarf.  I think I've got about 10 rows to go.  The thing about YarnBox is that the amount of yarn is just enough for a small project.  It keeps things fresh.  Although I imagine I'm going to get tired of just small projects.  I really should pick up the Mariah again, although it's rather daunting to think about figuring out where I am.  I remember I had three counters going.  Crazy.

I think this is going to be a long week.   Just a feeling.

No comments: