22 October, 2014

Just ouch

I had to go down to the Dean's office yesterday to pick up some exams and that's when I saw the line up of people getting their flu shots.  I had forgotten it was yesterday so I filled out my form and went right back down to get my shot.  Now I don't usually get a flu shot.  I can't remember the last time, actually.  But since I've had that nasty respiratory virus not once but twice since July, I thought it would be a good idea to get the flu shot.  I forgot that it hurts like the dickens!  My left arm is SO sore.  Then I went for my run and by the late afternoon my legs were very sore as well.  Every time I rolled over in bed last night I woke myself up.  Good thing I get a rest today. 

Tink had to go outside at 3 am.  This is not her typical move but when she has to go ..... and I had to put the outdoor lights on and stand guard because a neighbor put up a sign yesterday that they had spotted a bobcat in their back yarn.  Last year at this time I saw two bobcat cubs so I imagine it's one of those come back. 

The cauliflower soup I made was just outstanding and so very easy too.  I made a roux with a tablespoon each of butter and flour, added 4 cups of chicken broth and the cauliflower with a half of an onion and a few carrots.  Then I simmered it until the vegetables were soft and then blended it with an immersion blender.  And I just seasoned it with salt and pepper.  Amazingly good. 

I did not knit.  I watched a little TV and went to bed early.  Tonight I'll knit while I watch "Inside the NFL".  Still nothing on that extra bit of yarn I need.  Maybe I won't need it after all.  I need to spend some time with my stash and my WIPs and get organized.  I don't have any markers because they're all in projects that I had set aside.  I should work on them or frog them and use the yarn for something else.  I should .....

I am looking forward to my trip downtown today and my visit with my lawyers.  A lot.

No comments: