21 October, 2014

Yippee!!

Finally!  It has been since July that I have been able to run, what with being sick and then the class and being sick and the weather and being sick ....  Anyway, even though it was raining in the morning, it was fine at lunchtime and I actually got out there and ran 3 miles.  I was slow, but I don't care.  I had to walk a couple of times, but I did not have to take extra puffs of my inhaler, which is huge.  My legs felt like rubber at 2 3/4 miles, but that is to be expected.  And I am sore today, but not limping.  I am going out again at noon today if it's not pouring.  It was very wet on the way in, but by the time we got to the U there was blue sky showing, so I am thinking I'll be fine.

After my terrible football weekend, I really wasn't in the mood for Monday night football, especially since I didn't have anyone on either of the teams and I had already lost my fantasy matchup.  I cooked a nice dinner - sauteed scallops and some pasta and a great salad from Trader Joe's.  I love those composed salads.  The one I've been eating most lately is the Seeds & Greens - arugula, roasted squash, dried cranberries and some grain I can't remember.  It's delicious though.

I attending a very frustrating meeting yesterday.  Good thing I had already had my run and I was rather subdued.  I have been on edge lately and I suspect if I hadn't run I might have been even more obnoxious than I was. 

I think I'll have to cancel noon knitting tomorrow.  I've got an appointment downtown with my lawyers at 2.  I think it would just be two of us anyway.  I didn't even pick it up last night, but hopefully I can get a few rows in tonight.  I'm going to make cauliflower soup when I get home.  That's not too taxing and therefore I should have plenty of energy left for a row or two.  Now those rows are approaching 600 stitches!  And still no word on anyone having extra yarn to sell me.  I sure hope I don't run out!

No comments: