21 November, 2014

Pop in and pop out

It's going to be a funny morning for me.  I have a dentist appointment at 10.  I made the appointment when I got my last cleaning and when I was still at Thornton Place.  When I lived over that way I would make my appointments for the morning, go straight to the dentist and then to work.  But now I have to come in to work and leave from here.  It's only a 30 minute bus ride.  It's raining but not cold, thank goodness.  I do have a little walk. 

Oh I am so sleepy this morning too!  I stayed up too late last night.  I dropped right off when I got to bed but 6 o'clock was a surprise to me.  I thought it was still the middle of the night.  Don't you hate that?  Plus yesterday felt like Friday.  I wish I could say I was knitting, but I wasn't.  I still haven't finished the first row of the new project.  I tried at lunchtime yesterday, after a little walk,  but I got an email I had to attend to, so I only got one repeat done before I went back to my office.  I hope to carve out some good knitting time this weekend.  I have lots of errands on Saturday but if I get on the road at a decent hour in the morning I should have some time in the afternoon to myself.

I've got to make my shopping list for Thanksgiving dinner today so I can get that shopping done as well.  It won't be hard once I get going.  The biggest challenge is going to be getting the seating arrangements for people to watch the game after dinner.  We'll have to try out several configurations this weekend to make sure we know what we're doing and if we have to borrow chairs, which I think we will.  It's an open floor plan so I can move my little two person couch from the dressing room out to the kitchen and two people can sit there and see fine.   That will require taking all of the leaves out of the dining table that we will have put in earlier that day.  And shuffling a lot of stuff around.  Maybe all 15 won't stay for the game.


No comments: