26 November, 2014

Yay for the looooong weekend!

Wow, is it ever quiet out there!  The parking garage was only about half full, like this summer.  The traffic going in was minimal and therefore I arrived at the garage 10 minutes early.  We're all leaving early today.  I want to stay for noon knitting, but then I'll probably leave around 2-ish.

I am happy to report that my toe is healing rapidly.  I am SO happy about that!  After having a broken toe last January perhaps I am a little sensitive about it happening again, since it was such an awful experience.  I have this entire weekend to rest it and then I'm going to try running again next week.  Maybe Thursday, since I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and knitting on Wednesday.  Give it a good bit of time to be all better.

Last night was not very restful.  Tink got me up at 2:30 to go outside and I had an asthma attack at midnight and again around 4.  What is it about this time of year?  It happened to me last year at this time as well.  At that time I was thinking it might be the mold from the leaves, which are all laying on the ground.  I will be exploring all of this with my new doctor next week.  I have got to get a handle on this now.

No knitting last night.  I cooked a nice dinner with hot Italian chicken sausages and pasta and then settled in for some mindless entertainment.  Not sports.  I felt like "Firefly".  Don't you love streaming Netflix?  Anything you feel like watching, pretty much, is there.  In the next few weeks I'm going to revisit Sherlock because the fourth season is just around the corner.

Tonight I'm going to prepare one of my side dishes for tomorrow, the roasted Brussels sprouts.  I have guests bringing dessert so I don't have to make pies, thank goodness.  So basically it's just getting the stuffing ready and the bird in the oven in time.  I can prepare the mashed potatoes and keep them warm so that the only last minute thing I have to do is put the sweet potato casserole in the oven and make the gravy.  Easy peasy.  And I've got two bottles of sparkling wine to keep me company.  They had Nicolas Feuillatte on display this weekend and I should have grabbed a bottle.  Maybe I will treat myself tonight on the way home .... I mean, the cook deserves the real thing, don't you think?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

No comments: