31 August, 2007

No surprises

Don't you just love it when things go according to plan? I know *I* do! I planned on finishing up the fronts of Scoop de Jour .... check. Casting on the sleeves .... check. Knitting on the aforementioned sleeves ... check. Plus which the Seahawks won their last pre-season game and got out of there without any (serious) injuries. Yay! Let the real football season begin!

My bone dry Isabella is now draped over a dining room chair, front and back still separate. I'm going to have to bribe myself to sit down and start finishing that. I'll have to think of something good. Maybe get myself a nice bottle of champagne (or at least a foreign sparkler ... Thanks, Trader Joe) and use it as a carrot.

One more meeting today at work, thankfully this morning. Go have a nice run, then babysit the front office because everyone (and I mean every-freakin-one) of the admin ladies are either out on vacation or sick! I only have to do an hour and a half and, quite frankly, I'm totally useless since I know nothing about anything anyone would ask me about. I guess they just want a presence. I'll be all sweaty from my run so I'll bring my laptop and my lunch and sit there and sweat and ... oh! I can buy some memory for my laptop on line. That's a great idea.

The weather isn't supposed to be particularly nice this long weekend. I'm going to Bumbershoot on Monday to see Joss Stone. Otherwise I want to work in the yard and input stuff to Ravelry. Maybe rehearse. Relaxing weekend. Yeah

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think it's funny about the bribing yourself to finish Isabella. I am having the same issue with Soleil. I am so close yet I am having to force myself to finsih the crocheting and weaving in ends. So I made a deal with myself--finish Soleil, and I can cast on for a new pair of socks. We'll see if that works. :)

Have a great weekend!