02 April, 2009

And another storm

This is the WORST winter .. and now spring .. that I can remember. My DH emailed me yesterday late morning that it was snowing. Now I know that back east there is still snow on the ground but that's not unusual for that part of the country. Seattle on the other hand ... not usual at all. I was therefore very happy that I had driven in yesterday because the nasty weather continued all day. And I woke this morning to rain pelting down on the sky lights so I drove in again. Hopefully I will be able to get a run in at lunchtime. It looks as though it may slow down a bit.

Yesterday I couldn't get into the parking garage. That is until I noticed that I was trying to get in using my debit card rather than my UW ID card. That was just the beginning. At noon knitting I messed up my socks by picking up gusset stitches with the wrong needle. I will have to take one of the sides off and put it onto a spare needle, take out the picked up stitches and replace the side. It's do-able but I was frustrated yesterday. I brought a spare needle with me today and if I need a break I may do it this afternoon.

Yesterday evening I had some more fun with my organic wrap. And it's lucky it's free form knitting because the directions are not very clear at all. [Just my 2 cents here - I think for $10 for the "pattern" it could have been just a little more explicit]. I finally figured out that her directions for the feather and fan repeats were off by a knit row. It's knit, knit, purl, feather and fan. She had knit, purl, feather and fan and so now the first several rows are on backwards. Not that anyone will notice because it's down on the tie part, the very beginning, and most likely will be in the back. But still I think she should have been a little less airy-fairy about it.

I am getting a little intimidated by that bunch of yarn on the bed that I have to photograph and get on eBay, but it will be SO worth it to have the yarn money so I think I'll make it my weekend project. I am hoping that we're going to have some decent weather by Sunday because I finally called a gardener to come consult with me on my garden. The woman we bought the house from gave me the number of the person that had helped her and she was very happy that I had called, saying she remembered the yard well and was excited to come see it. She's going to walk through it with me and show me what needs to be cut back, what is dead, how to prune things, etc. I can't say it enough - I am SO grateful that it was planted with perennials because I am no good at all with annuals. I don't like to garden. My hobby is knitting, and gardening is just work to me. I love plants and I love flowers so I do get out there and do the bare necessities. Hopefully this woman can keep it simple for me because it really is a lovely garden, both front and back. And I want to do the vegetables and herbs again too. We had some lovely tomatoes and corn and basal ... onions .. strawberries. I can do without the zucchini and beans. Maybe I'll plant carrots. Whatever is easy.

No comments: