07 April, 2009

So it's home for the weekend

Dang! I had a feeling he'd weasel out of the weekend after getting that job. By the time he 'fessed up yesterday evening my nephew and his family had already made plans for Easter dinner. His daughter and one of his brothers will come, and that's fine if we have a small dinner. He is going to ask his older daughter and her family so if they say yes then it'll be a very large gathering. Either way, we'll have an early meal - like 2 o'clock - so I can have everything cleared up and get people out of the house at a decent hour.

I had a glorious ride home last night in the warm sunshine. I wore shorts! I know that this is premature and it's only a taste of spring and that it's going to get crappy again really soon, but oh my goodness how wonderful! I really needed sunglasses on the ride in this morning and I'll be able to run this afternoon without a jacket. Ahhhhhh!

I still have all that stash sitting on the guest bed, waiting to be photographed and put on eBay. It is such a daunting project. There are more than a dozen different lots. I was going to make myself do it last weekend but I always found something else to do. I should just do it in pieces I guess - nibbles rather than trying to do the whole thing at once. I just don't want to have it go on and on, packing up things and going to the post office. I like to just do it all at once. Maybe if I'm not so tired when I get home tonight I'll photograph them at least. I have a lot of picking up to do in my office anyway.

I didn't work on my wrap last night. I played Mario Kart again. I had won a certain cup last time I played and didn't realize that it unlocked another character, so I tried it out with that character and I was just howling!! Yes, I guess I am easily amused. I gave up and went back to my usual character and played until it was time to cook dinner, then watched some Star Trek reruns and hit the sack. I did dig out a few more odds and ends for the project and maybe I'll do a little tonight. I was reading a forum on Ravelry yesterday regarding this project. I'm not the only one frustrated with her so called pattern. At one point in a post she breaks it down and mentions increasing in the body of the thing as one is increasing for the ties. There is NO MENTION of this at all in her pattern. One is just supposed to intuit it I guess. I suppose that I should just send her a message rather than complain about it but I don't think I'd get a satisfactory response from her.

No comments: