14 April, 2009

Just plain annoying

My stupid back! I tweaked it Thursday when I was biking home - my pack was full of my regular clothes plus my running clothes. In retrospect I guess I should have put some of the clothes into my pannier but I didn't. Then I spent Friday working from home and my chair here is not exactly ergonomically correct. I like it but I don't think it's meant to be used for so many hours straight. I should have paid more attention to the aching on Saturday but I was busy baking cake and getting things ready for Easter dinner so Sunday - bingo. I was bending at just the right angle and pow! It was a lunch really, so people were out by 5-ish and I didn't have to do any clean up, for which I was very grateful. I got out the trusty massaging heating pad and I've been down since. I am up today because it's not good to stay down for so long without at least walking around a bit. And I do have work to do. I took Tink for a short stroll and now I'm waiting for a couple files to come through, then I am down again.

I don't like to knit in bed. I can't knit in bed comfortably I guess it what it comes down to. I did work a bit on the wrap on Sunday evening. I need to roll a skein. I still have a good bit to do. This thing is going to be HUGE!

I got the gardeners chosen this weekend. A great duo - one guy runs the business and the other is a horticulture student with the know-how. I was so impressed with this guy, Joe, who could walk through my garden and name every plant. I know he wasn't just making things up because the woman who used to work on the garden was here and I remembered enough to know he was knowledgeable. It is also supposed to be nice this weekend so I am very excited to get it cleaned up and presentable again. So much is happening out there. Purple tulips are in bloom and there are others getting ready to bloom.

Now ... ouch. I need to check if those files have come through so I can go lay down again.

No comments: