20 April, 2009

Well look at me!

I am sitting up at my desk at work -- been here for 30 minutes and so far so good. I'm going to try to make myself get up every so often and stretch a bit and hopefully I can make it all the way through the day and, it is a GORGEOUS day, so I might even try to go for a walk at lunchtime and see how the back responds to that. I did, of course, drive in. But if I can go all day with little or no pain maybe I can bike in tomorrow.

I have finally taken pictures of the Indigo Ripples skirt and also I finished up the Organic Wrap this weekend, so pictures of that as well. The wrap is HUGE. It took an entire skein of Silk Garden to crochet two rows of edging. And here's the thing - I will never EVER wear this. I tried it on several ways -- it's just not something I would wear. And all that super expensive yarn .... I am hoping I can find someone who really likes it and who will use it and I will just give it to them. It was fun to make, once I figured out the "pattern" but it will just sit in my closet so I sure hope I can find a taker. Speak up if you want it.

I took Twitter off my page and I'm going to just log out of it. I find that Facebook is much more fun and not full of people trying to sell something, which is mostly what Twitter is turning out to be. Maybe if I had more friends using it, but I don't. And then there was all this hoo-haw about worms and people's computers getting infected. No thanks.

I got out and had a closer look at my garden yesterday. Found that the guys neglected to coppice one of the shrubs in the front that had significant snow damage so I did it myself. I couldn't find my nippers but I managed. There's also one in the back that needs to be done and a dead tree -- well, a very small one that didn't make it through the winter. I'd like to replace it with a lilac. But it looks very nice, and Steve mowed the lawn on Sunday too. I am going to take some pictures so my sister can see. The tulips are coming up - all different colors. I sure like the way she planted that garden! Now if I can just keep from ruining it.

No comments: