28 April, 2009

Tough start to the week

I did not have a good start to this week. Yesterday I came in, and as usual went to the departmental kitchen to put away my milk and make a cup of tea. When I opened the refrigerator I got a nasty surprise. All of my food was gone! I always have a week worth of food there - my breakfast and lunch stuff -- yogurts, apples, carrots, cheese. All gone. At first I thought that perhaps someone had cleaned the thing while I was working from home, but then realized that couldn't have been the case. It's still a mystery but I have heard rumors that there has been a homeless person stealing from the labs (although how they could get in ... I can't imagine) so that is probably what happened. I drove in today then so I could replenish my food. Usually I shop on Saturday and come in and stock up then. I want to start running again so I also brought my running gear. It's probably best, considering that I've been not running for the past couple weeks and before that my ankle was sore so I haven't really been training for a while. I am considering doing a race on May 31. We'll see how the next couple weeks go. If I can stay injury free, then I'll sign up.

I started a new project this weekend - the Radiate from Knitty. I am using a lovely llama and silk blend yarn I bought from the Dizzy Sheep daily deals. It's a grass green. It has started out quickly. Maybe I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I was reading about lucid dreaming yesterday and so I had a very restless night. Plus Mr. M stayed at the hotel where he's working last night rather than drive all the way home in the middle of the night, so it was just Tink and me. Hope to have a better night tonight.

No comments: