29 April, 2009

It smells SO GOOD outside!

Have you noticed? All the spring flowers and trees. The scents along the trail on the way to work are just yummy! Soon the lilacs will be blooming. It seems odd that the previous owner didn't plant any lilacs in the garden, since she's got just about everything else in there. I believe I have the perfect spot for one in the back. There is a dead something-or-other there now but I'm going to keep a lookout for a decent sized lilac .. maybe after they have all bloomed - and put it in that spot.

I was expecting my DH to come home last night, but after he got the second show set up he realized that his guy he was going to have run it just couldn't handle it, so he stayed in Bellevue again last night so he could get the show going at the crack of dawn this morning. Tink and I settled in for another quiet night. I was excited to find the latest issue of Interweave Knits in my mailbox so after I got Tink walked I made myself a cocktail and sat down to read it. There is nothing in there I want to make! I thought it was one of the worst issues I can remember. So I knit on my socks and watched some TV, had a little dinner, and went to bed to read quite early again.

I didn't even attempt to practice the lucid dreaming thing. I am going to have to do that on nights I know I can sleep later the next morning because it just wiped me out. Not to say that I slept through the night -- oh no. Tink decided that it was important to start barking at 3:30 am. Scared the dickens out of me! I had remembered to turn the alarm on so I knew that no one was in the house, but still it was startling. I never did figure out what she was barking at down there. Most likely a critter because it's too early for the paper.

I had a heck of a time getting out of the house this morning. First of all I had covered my head with the pillow because the birds were keeping me awake so my alarm must have been playing for a while before I heard it, then I hit the snooze. So I was 10 or 15 minutes late to start, but then left the house and had to come back TWICE! First time nature was calling and I thought it prudent to answer since 8 miles is a long way to ride in that condition. Then I got outside and realized I had forgotten my knitting so back inside I came to gather up my stuff for noon knitting today. I finally got on the road but I was a full 30 minutes late. At least it wasn't raining.

No comments: