03 April, 2009

Free-form knitting


I am intrigued by my organic wrap and the whole concept of free-form knitting. And what is most intriguing about it is how uncomfortable I am without specific instructions. I got a little frustrated last night trying to wrap my mind around this particular pattern and how it's going to turn out. I want it to be just like the one in the picture and it just didn't seem to me that the way she instructed the knitter to decrease and increase was going to work. I read it over a few times though and finally the penny dropped. I am still working on the first part, which is the length, then when I start decreasing I also am knitting more on the "body" of the thing. I did realize last night that the colors that I had picked were mostly greens and purples and I need some pinks in there. Here's a little picture of just a small part but one in the middle so you can see all of the colors so far. I love how the gold Tartlette looks and may get some more of that. I'm almost out of the pink-ish mohair there on the bottom so I'll have to get something more like that, maybe some fancy eyelash, I have plenty of Kureyon and Silk Garden. Well, I'm just going to haul the whole kit and kaboodle up to the LYS at lunchtime and see what I can find.

The weather is still crap and I had to drive in today. It was pouring rain all night and also hailing or sleeting because there was some on the deck this morning and it was in the 30s. When is this going to end? Hoping for some decent weather for the visit with the gardener on Sunday.

DH and I are going out to eat tonight and he works tomorrow night so I can catch up on my recorded TV without having to subject him to Desperate Housewives.

No comments: