06 April, 2009

What a difference a little sunshine makes!

Wow wow wow! The sun came out Friday afternoon. I had walked up to the LYS with a friend and I left my umbrella in the office because it looked pretty nice out there. Silly me. We got caught in a fierce hale storm and she had a hood and I had nothing. Got back from our walk and I was soaked. But then ... the clouds moved away and it was beautiful outside! It not only stuck around the whole entire weekend but it's gorgeous today and supposed to get up to 70! By Wednesday we're going to get clouds and rain and cold again but this little taste of spring is very welcome.

Saturday was errands and knitting on my wrap and a nap and TV in the evening. It was a perfect Saturday. I had purchased four skeins of yarn for the wrap - special yarns so the yardage is not every good. I got a gorgeous skein (45 yards) of hand dyed angora, some Touch Me (chenille), some Tartlette in a very tart-y lavender with green and pink, and a Trendsetter mohair blend (I am blanking on the name) with some glitz. This wrap is eating up the yarn something fierce. I believe I'm going to have to find a little more of something. I would like more of that pink mohair so maybe Wednesday when I drive in I can do that. [I have my annual physical Wednesday morning and the endodontist is going to take a look at my tooth and most likely put another bleach pellet into it. Yeah ... I'm looking forward to that morning.]

Yesterday while the DH was out running his errands I gave Tink a long walk in the warmth and sunshine, then a woman came to give me a bid on cleaning up my garden. Wow. She's an organic gardener and really knows her stuff but holy cow, she's a little out of my league. So now I'm going to start looking on Craig's list for some gardener who might be a little more down to earth. Frankly, I don't need a Ph.D. to do my yard, I just need muscle.

It's still up in the air if we're going out of town this weekend or not. My DH asked me about a month ago if I was really set on having Easter dinner at our house. I said no, not really. And then he said he wanted to take me out of town, to Port Townsend. Great! I love a little road trip. But then .. here comes a job for this Friday so now I don't know if we're going or not. I need him to make up his mind so if we're not going I can figure out what we're doing for Easter dinner!! He's supposed to figure it out today. We'll see.

No comments: