28 April, 2010

Big doings at the UW

The president of the university resigned yesterday and he is going to be president of the NCAA, effective November 1. This is huge news and quite a surprise to everyone. Considering all of the budget cuts he's had to deal with, I don't blame him for taking it. Plus I'll bet it's going to be a cool job.

It was surprisingly chilly this morning, but at least dry. I keep forgetting that it is really EARLY spring yet. Our bike commute challenge starts next Monday. I can't say I'm actually looking forward to it, but I'm going to do my best to bike every single day. I've got a dentist appointment this coming Friday, but nothing on the calendar for May so I won't have any excuse to drive in.

I wanted to have a little walk yesterday at lunchtime but a storm blew in right before noon and I opted out. It's noon knitting today! yay! I brought the body of my cardigan - the boring and seemingly never ending expanse of stockinette stitch. I have over 30 rows until I can put the sleeves on and start the yoke.

No comments: