22 April, 2010

SO close!

I took my sleeves to noon knitting yesterday and got a good hour in, and then last night I spent the entire evening catching up on Glee and knitting on those sleeves. Before I went up last night I measured them and I was right, my row gauge is off. They measure 17 1/2 inches but I have another increase row to do. If I follow the pattern then I have almost 25 rows to do. I am not going to follow the pattern though. I'm going to knit up to the next increase row, do that and do one other row and call it good. Or maybe I'll do the increase a little earlier ... I'll take a close look at them tonight before I start and make up mind then. But the good news is that I'll be able to cast on for the body of the cardigan, maybe even tonight! yay! I am SO sick of wrestling those sleeves around. It's that darned bamboo circular with the skinny cord. I have to fight to get the stitches up onto the needle every round and it's getting very old and my fingers are getting sore.

I have high hopes for my run at lunchtime today. I forgot my Garmin at home so I won't be able to get an accurate reading of my speed but no matter. I'm just going to go easy and save myself for Sunday. The revised forecast says it's going to nice too! Of course, if it's too nice then I'm going to have to make good my promise to myself and get the garden in. Oh well - it won't be so bad.

No comments: