30 April, 2010

Why does this keep happening?

Yesterday was yet another Thursday that felt like a Friday. That is SO annoying! And it keeps happening. It was hard to get up this morning, especially since I turned my alarm off when it sounded and I didn't wake up until 7:20. Not a good start to the day. But it's going to be a relatively short one since I've got a dentist appointment this afternoon.

I didn't do too much knitting last night. Still slogging away on the body of the cardigan. I have twenty-five more rows to go before I start on the yoke. This will be my first yoke cardigan although I've admired them for a while. Actually one of my very first tops I knit (and subsequently gifted because the color was all wrong for me) was a pattern from ChicKnits called Gigi, which is a bottom up top. I loved the way it looked and it's taken me what ... 5 years? .... to do another project like that. I've got a few yoke top patterns in my favorites and my queue and I found some Noro sock yarn on sale at Elann yesterday so I snatched up 3 skeins. I found a simple cardigan pattern made from sock yarn but knit on size 7 needles and I might try it. I think I'd like to steek it though. Or if I don't do that cardigan I'll do the Whisper Cardigan which has an interesting construction. The only problem with that is that there would be plenty of purling and we all know how I feel about purling. The Noro sock yarn is rather loud so I want to keep the garment simple so the yarn can do all the talking.

Tomorrow is the first of May already. It's the opening of boating season so there will be a boat parade and the rowing races. Right now the weather doesn't look promising. I will have to stay far away from this mess tomorrow. I've got plenty of chores to do before rehearsal plus, most importantly, I've got to get vegetable starts!

No comments: