23 April, 2010

Thank goodness

I finished up those sleeves last night, finally! And after they were finished I needed to put them on holders - 19 stitches for the underarm on a separate holder from the rest of the sleeve. Of course, I did it wrong the first time for the right sleeve. It took me AGES to get those oriented correctly but it is done and they look lovely. Not only that but I got the body of the sweater cast on and did about 4 rows. I must be super vigilant so I don't mess up the pattern on the body because it would be impossible to hide, like the cuff of a sleeve, and I'd have to take it out. I hate doing that. Tonight Mr. M is out doing a show so I'll have a nice, quiet, long evening to get some serious work done on it.

I was invited to join a team for Bike to Work Month, May. I've now registered so no turning back! All fingers crossed for a lovely, dry May.

I had a decent run yesterday and I am still quite stoked about the race on Sunday. I've got a busy busy day tomorrow - pick up my timing chip, bib and T-shirt and do basically all of my weekend chores, plus rehearse, so that on Sunday all I have to do is race. Then I can come home and veg the rest of the day Sunday and not feel guilty. Mr. M may even take me out to dinner. We shall see. Regardless, diet be damned, I'm having a cocktail Sunday!

No comments: