13 April, 2010

No half way measures

I thought about it ... about just ripping back those cuffs. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that we're only talking about a very small fraction of the entire garment and I might as well just start from scratch and get it right. So that's what I did. And here we are, about 11 rows in now. I have made one small modification (besides redistributing the number of stitches on each needle) and that is I'm NOT going to purl the faux seam stitch. It is difficult enough to keep from having ladders at the seam. That'll be enough for the look. I don't really care if it looks like I knit my sleeves in the round. I will put the faux seam on the body of the sweater, since I believe that is much more noticeable than the sleeve seam or not. My only other challenge is that I'm using a Denise needle for one side and a bamboo circular for the other which, as you can see, have vastly different cables. If I pull my stitches too tight at the corners (to keep from having insane ladders) then I am wrestling the stitches off the cable and up the needle. Oh but the yarn -- it's so yummy and lovely. Totally worth all the hassle.

It's cloudy but not too cold. I'm going to do another 3 mile run at lunchtime today. I'm really getting excited about the race on the 25th. It's been quite a long time between races. I am hoping this one won't be packed. It's a new race -- in fact I think it's the first year - so hopefully it won't be as squished up as the last Love 'em or Leave 'em I did on that course. Now if they'd only ban strollers and dogs I'd be happy.

While I was working on my sleeves (and Mr. M was up in the theatre watching some hideous Chinese warlord thing [I think]) I was finishing up the first of 3 DVDs that my friend McGarrah had insisted I rent. It is a series from British TV called "Black Books". It's very funny and perfect knitting fare. I've interspersed them in my Netflix queue with the movies. It's handy having something to pop in when I just want a little something on while knitting. Nothing too taxing ... like ...... LOST. Woohoo! I love Tuesdays.

No comments: