16 April, 2010

How strange

I was just heading up the hill this morning towards 39th. I heard something that at first I thought was a very loud radio. Maybe someone in a car waiting outside of a house. But as I climbed further up the hill it was sounding like bagpipes. I thought it rather early for someone to be outside in their garden practicing but as I reached the intersection of 136th and 39th I saw a man in full kit marching down the street piping! How extremely strange. I have no earthly idea what he might have been doing except practicing. There is a rather large Scottish festival in late spring so maybe that's it.

I did have a really good, strong run yesterday so I just this morning registered for the Top Pot Doughnuts Inaugural 5K Doughnut Dash and Walk. I'm going to run the course this Sunday for a practice run. It would be nice to break 36 this time.

No real knitting news. I just plugged along some more on the sleeves of the sweater. It was FlashForward last night and then a SNL special. I have a busy weekend but I would dearly love to carve out some time to finish up the dress. If I could only pull myself away from that lovely lovely yarn long enough to sew a couple seams.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I love a good kilt...or good legs under a kilt...you get the picture.