08 April, 2010

Yup, it's spring for sure

This morning while I was getting ready to leave it started hailing like crazy! Hard! The deck was just covered, like it was snow. Normally I would have been caught in it, but I drove in today. It looks like it's going to be nice this weekend, which is great news because I have people coming to clean up my garden. Hooray! As usual it's a HUGE job that I've been chipping away at, but it's beyond the scope of my talents. The unfortunate part of the deal is that there is a vast no man's land just behind the house and the deck, between where the rockery and lawn starts and the house. When we bought the house it was, of course, immaculate. The landscapers had put down black plastic and covered it with bark so it was lovely. However, the next year the weeds started growing up through it and I could barely keep up and now ... it's a jungle! I would dearly love to put paving stones down there and make a nice patio, but the paving stones I want are rather pricey so I'm waiting until this fall. In the meantime I've got to do something with that area so I am thinking of just getting the biggest weeds out of there and then putting more plastic and bark down just to hide it until we can get the patio going. That was not part of the bid the gardener gave me yesterday so ... I guess that's going to have to be my "little" project for the next few weekends. What about Mr. M helping? Ah no, not his thing. He mows the lawn, which is a big enough job, considering the hill.

I tackled the left side of the dress last night and am only about 10 rows from finishing up the shoulder and 3 needle binding the front and back together. Then it's picking up the stitches for the neckline and arm holes. I hope to get to at least one of those before I have to stop tonight. I know I must hurry up with this because I ordered 15 balls of a gorgeous cashmere tweed from Elann and as soon as that comes I'm not going to want to touch anything else.

No comments: