20 April, 2010

Let's try again

Yesterday was a tough day for me. I was really suffering from the effects of Sunday night's insomnia. I was like a zombie in the afternoon. It was a lovely ride home though. The air was warm and the scent of lilacs was everywhere along the trail. It just smells good everywhere now. Every time I let Tink outside last night I would stand there and have a good sniff. But I only did a few rows on the sleeves -- I'm now up to 105 or so. I caught up on Desperate Housewives and headed up to bed early. Thankfully I got a decent night's sleep last night so .... let the day begin!

It's a running day today and I've got errands after work so I drove in. Yesterday I wrote my mitigation statement for that stupid speeding ticket I got in January along 35th. I don't take that street in the morning much any more. I sure hope the mitigation statement does its trick. I truly believe that $189 is a ridiculous fine for that infraction. It's a revenue generator, pure and simple.

We may or may not be rehearsing tonight but won't find out until later in the afternoon. It's my favorite night of the week -- LOST. Not too many episodes left though, which makes me sad. It's almost as bad as the end of football season!

I have to admit now my newest addiction is audio books. I bought two more last night - A Patchwork Planet by Ann Tyler and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is narrated by Stephen Fry. Two really good ones. I've got to slow down though - it's a pricey little addiction.

No comments: