26 April, 2010

Super awesome run!

As the title suggests - my race yesterday was GREAT! I even surprised myself. My unofficial time, from my Garmin, was 34:35. That is more than 2 minutes faster than my last race. That averages out to 11:30 minute miles and what I want to get to is 10 minute miles. For a great part of the race I was running 10:30 miles. I got a little tired about mile 2 and slowed down. I think if I had paced myself differently I might have done a little better. I am just thrilled though. I was shooting for 35 minutes so to have done it in under 35, WELL under, is just great!!

Since I had done all of my chores on Saturday I had the entire rest of yesterday to just chill in my comfy chair, listen to audio books and knit and do laundry. I got a good bit done on the cardigan. I've got less than 20 rows to go in the garter rib before I switch over to stockinette. It was a perfect day. Mr. M was out working and Tink and I just relaxed until it was time to get ready for dinner.

In retrospect, that should have been a clue that she wasn't feeling up to par. She spent the ENTIRE afternoon next to me, snoozing. And then last night she was up all night. You could hear ... well *I* could hear ... her tummy gurgling and growling and making all sorts of noises. She was crying to go out or pacing around. I got up at 1:30 and again at 3:30 and in between did not sleep much. She has been out since I've been up, about an hour now, but I haven't seen her throw up, just eat grass. I'm going to work from home today so I can keep an eye on her. If she doesn't start perking up soon I'm going to have to take her in to the vet. And in the meantime, I've got plenty to keep me busy here.

No comments: