29 April, 2010

Bugs

There are certain times of the year when little clouds of gnats harass me on my bike ride. It is a bit early and cool for them but last night I managed to not only get one in my mouth, but another in my eye and a third in my ear! A gnat trifecta.

My friend McG is coming to town this weekend and I always look forward to his visits. He's doing a show Sunday night in Snohomish which I'll be able to catch and hopefully we can get together for dinner while Mr. M is busy these next ten days. McG brings out the devil in me. I think we all need a friend (or 2 or 3) like that in our lives. I know I sure do. Really really do.

The weather forecast is for a pretty nice weekend so I really must get my vegetable starts in on Saturday, or at least buy them Saturday and put them in on Sunday. I wish my sister lived closer. She loves to muck about in the garden. I am much better when there's another working with me. Tink is, alas, no help whatsoever.

I remembered my running shoes today so, weather permitting, I'll have a nice little run at lunch. I don't think I'm going to be doing too much running when I'm biking every day AND on a diet. I'll see how it goes.

No comments: