21 April, 2010

What a disappointment!

Yesterday's eagerly anticipated run was a bust! I had about zero energy and ended up walking the last half mile. I guess I just wasn't properly fueled. I still have high hopes for Sunday.

It's pouring rain today and so I took the bus. I have joined up with a team of bike riders for a competition in May, which means that I must ride my bike EVERY work day in May. There will be no taking off for rain days, so I don't feel too guilty for indulging today. But I will have to dig out my old waterproof pants for those days it will inevitably rain in May. It is Seattle after all and I don't have a proper place to dry off (and dry my clothes out) if I do arrive to work soaking wet.

Rehearsal was indeed canceled yesterday which didn't break my heart. Tink needed a bath and I needed to work on those sleeves. I think my row gauge is off because I only have 3 more inches to go until the sleeves measure 17 1/2 inches and I've got over 40 rows to knit. No matter - I'll just keep measuring. And I don't mind if the sleeves are a little long. I can always roll the cuff if they bother me.

I think I'm going to have to get my vegetables in this weekend, weather permitting. Our bass player said he and his wife put their garden in last weekend. I am waiting until my neighbor down the street puts hers in because she had the most awesome garden last year and she had put hers in about 3 weeks prior to me. As much as I hate working in the garden, I don't mind tending the vegetables much and I sure like eating them. The corn and the (very few) tomatoes we got last year were just SO good! And I love having fresh herbs as well. And lettuce. I had great success with lettuce in the planters on the deck last summer so I must do that again. Let's hope for at least a little break in the weather.

No comments: