31 August, 2010

Aaaand there goes summer

Short and sweet.  It's just one of those years that we get now and again where we don't get much summer at all.  I know it'll be warm again for a few weeks but the leaves are starting to turn already along the trail and today it's pouring rain.  Just like May.  I drove in today and brought my knitting for tomorrow so even if it's sprinkling tomorrow I can ride and not have to figure out how to jam that project into my pannier.  Maybe I can do more than one row in my knitting hour.

I worked for a couple TV hours on the blankie last night.  We're getting close.  A couple more days and I'll be done and I can cast on for the Shining Birds Eyes shawl.  I got the white pack.  It is a very easy pattern and it should buzz right along.  And bonus -- not too much purling at all. 

I was very tired last night and I went upstairs to read when my thumb started hurting from the purling rows but I barely cracked the book before I was off to sleep.  My nephew bought me the latest Anthony Bourdain book, which I was intending to read but .. well I'll have to give it another shot tonight.

Fantasy football fever has struck big time.  My nephew emailed me yesterday that one of the guys in his ESPN fantasy league bailed at the last minute and did I want his spot.  YES!  So now I have three teams!  I started making a spreadsheet.  There is an iPhone app that will manage both my Yahoo and my ESPN team, but not the NFL one so a spreadsheet is going to be necessary to keep things straight as I watch the games.  This is going to be fun!

No comments: