04 October, 2010

As predicted

It was a very very busy weekend.  I don't feel like I got much rest at all.  And this week is going to be very busy as well.  I do have next weekend to look forward to, thankfully.  Mr. M is going to be gone with shows from Friday again and I don't have a single thing planned for the weekend except a little shopping and plenty of knitting and football.  But it's a long way to the weekend from where I'm sitting Monday morning.

I was up and out early on Saturday to get my grooming essentials out of the way before running out to the venue to meet with the sound guy to get my In Ears monitor up and running.  The hall was a madhouse but Larz was a very nice man and took the time to get the unit going and tested.  It was a revelation!  Whoever invented them was a genius.  I had a few hours then before I was due back to walk Tinkerbell and run through  my songs to make sure I had the lyrics down.  The Husky game with USC was on at 5:30 so I had that going.  It was an exciting game and they pulled it out at the end, just like last year, and beat them!  The Huskies looked so much better than they did against Nebraska. 

I headed out to the gig and it was a zoo!  I had to park blocks and blocks away on a dark street with no sidewalks.  I had the foresight to bring a small flashlight so I wouldn't get run over.  It was packed at this thing --- what to call it?  It was a reunion of sorts for a high school I didn't attend, but my band mates had.  Of course with a bunch of groups going up and doing 30 minutes we were behind schedule but less than an hour.  I met up with the bass player and his wife and headed out to get a beer.  I believe I got one of the last ones.  The keg was empty!  The musicians were actually quite good and some of the blues was really good!  We got up there sometime after 10 and of course Doug had problems with his amplifier.  So he had to switch to another one which wasn't such a bad thing because tow trucks were towing people away who had parked illegally and we needed to make announcements.  It was pretty crazy.  When we actually got to play it was SO much fun!  The In Ears completely made it for me.  It was very loud up there on that teensie stage, all squished together but I just heard myself in my ears and a little bit of the band.  Perfect.  It breathed some life into our little group.  We've been rehearsing now for a year with the bass player and it's time to get out and play in public.  Anyway .... I had fun in spite of my bad attitude. 

Of course I couldn't go to sleep until about 2 am so slept in on Sunday until 11 and therefore didn't get to make any last minute changes to my fantasy roster!  My nephew had given me some good tips and made a very generous trade with me.  I had intended to get rid of some of my guys anyway so on Friday I made a few changes but our trade hadn't gone through.  I didn't get the email that it had gone through until 12:30 am Sunday morning.  I didn't think I was going to sleep until 11 so I didn't make the other move thinking I'd have time in the morning.  Gah!  I am going to lose my matchup again!  I have a couple players in the game tonight so hopefully it won't be a total blow out again.  My other team?  The one I don't have any money on .... I am KILLING there.  Next year ... just wait.

Yesterday therefore was shortened by the sleep in.  I had a million and one chores to do, the dog to wash, etc. etc. etc. I was going to put the Seahawks game on to record so I could watch it later and as I was running out to start my errands I turned it on, only to find out it was in St. Louis and was almost over.  Oh and they were getting their asses handed to them!  By the Rams!!! Unbelievable. I was glad I hadn't known and wasted the morning watching it.  I didn't have any me time until after 4.   But I sat in my comfy chair and worked on the fancy shawl for a couple of hours.  I have a long way to go but as I said, it's going to be very nice.

It was a gorgeous ride in this morning.  Just a hint of the cold weather to come in the air. And the leaves are falling on the trail.  There is a certain combination of colors this time of year that I particularly like -- the blue of the sky contrasted with the yellow gold of the leaves.  I wish you could see it.  I've been trying to think of a way to show the spider webs in a particular part of the garden in the front and I was thinking that maybe if I use the video on my iPhone it'll catch it.  If the light is good tomorrow morning I'm going to give it a try.

No comments: